Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Tuesday Workout!

Last Tuesday I had a strong workout with Newbould, but this week I was solo. I've been feeling good lately and the workouts have been coming together nicely. After Saturday's workout I was feeling ambitious, so tonight I targeted 5 x mile on 2 min running recovery (7-7:30 pace), an old favorite from my UNH days. I didn't make the full five miles of work, but I'm pleased with the results!

4:57
4:57
4:58
4:57

I kept recovery at exactly 2 min, and with the running recovery I covered 5 miles in 26:55. I developed a stitch early in mile 4 which led to cutting it short. Gotta keep up with the core work to fix that. But, I can honestly say I haven't run a workout of this caliber so steady and relaxed since I was 22yo... Feels like good things are to come. The key is to not get greedy. 


No comments:

Post a Comment