Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Monday easy, Tuesday Progression, 11/17-18

Monday:
Easy run with my boy Joe Van Gombos (JVG). Neither of us had any intention of running this evening given the darkness, 40-degree weather and steady rain. But, to meet up and share in the misery was a brilliant plan. We cruised 5.7 mi at an easy pace. Before we met up I did a pretty lengthy core session: 4 x 30 push ups, 3 x 3' plank variations, 3 x 1' ab variations, 3 x 5 lunges, 3 x 20 squats, 3 x 20 calf raises, 3 x 30" single-leg hip raises, 3 x 10 pull-up/chin-up variations.

Tuesday:

Progression run: 10.13 mi / 61:26 - Last 4 miles 5:45, 5:50, 5:44, 5:47

Felt 'pretty great' from the beginning of today's run. Lauren is trying this "limited-gluten" diet as an experiment for her migraines. Being the less-choosy one of the household, I generally eat what she eats and so I haven't been having as much gluten as I regularly do too. And anyway, placebo or not, I'm feeling very good! I'm definitely not into ruling wheat out of my eating habits... but I don't have any attachment to it, so we'll see where this goes.

2 comments:

  1. I'm doing green smoothies every morning with lot's of ginger root. Ginger's supposed to block migraines. It's worked for me. Only one migraine in two years, I used to get 6 or 7 a year. She should try that too. Glad to see you're running strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for that, Greg. She's on her laptop looking up recipes already. As someone who gets migraines, you obviously know how disruptive (not to mention painful) they can be. Hope to see you out on the track or in the snow this winter!

    ReplyDelete