Sunday, August 17, 2014

Saturday and Sunday, 8/16-17

Saturday:

Stayed up late hanging with my dad, then up early for the 8:00 am start in Hancock, NH. It was a beautiful drive on the way into town and I was pretty excited/nervous to see people I haven't in a while. Some of us might not have crossed paths in 9 or 10 years. I realized I was socializing too much and managed to get out out for a 2++ mile warm-up before heading straight to the starting line. We were off and Alex Hall and I matched strides for the first mile or so. Eventually he made a "move" by surging below 5:20 pace and I dared not follow. I was pretty tired from a little hammering yesterday and the reality is I'm just not as fit as I was a few months ago. Still, I had fun, ran consistently, 5:26, 5:29, 5:25, and nabbed 2nd place, good for a pair of socks that don't fit me. It was pretty cool to hang out with some former ConVal runners and hear about what everyone's up to. Hall and I headed to Peterborough and gorged on Nonie's breakfast downtown before heading to McDowell Lake for a swim.

9 miles total.

Sunday: 

12 miles /  1:14:22 - 6:12/mi. Good run from Andover out to Haggett's Pond and back via High Plain Road. I planned to run easier today but I felt like I had only one gear. Consciously slowing down felt awkward so I decided to just go with it. Anyway, I definitely won't complain any time the miles come easy! Beautiful evening for a cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment