Friday, August 15, 2014

Friday, 8/15

8.5 mi / 51:48  solo run in Keene starting at the south side of Optical Ave, up the 2+ mile hill on Chapman Rd, back down into town via Concord Rd, through town on Washington St. and back to Optical via the bike path. Moved quickly for my fitness level (6:05/mi) and felt pretty good.

I'm running a 5k in Hancock, NH tomorrow with a group that will be there in tribute to my friend Laura who passed away this Spring. She was a teammate of mine in HS as well as college, and one of my most trusted friends, especially while in HS. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone else who is coming to run or walk, and to share memories of what a sweet person she had grown to be. Coincidentally, I stopped by our former HS this afternoon to explore the new gymnasium and found a T&F all-time record list. Laura holds the 1600 and 3200 records. She was also state champion in the 1600 her senior year. It's interesting that I remember her more for kind and inclusive personality, her drive to achieve academically and to honor her family and her faith, far more than her competitiveness as a runner. Needless to say, we lost a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment