Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Wednesday, 4/17 Track Workout

Lifted arms, chest and back with Greg at Latitude before heading out to the track. Got to Phillips just in time to see kids carrying track spikes arriving at the track. I talked to the coach briefly and he welcomed me to join them, but I decided with all the added traffic of a track practice to change location. Arrived at the Andover (public) HS to a clear track. By the time I warmed up, a couple young soccer players had conveniently dropped all of their gear in lanes 1 and 2 on a turn. By the 7th rep I got annoyed enough to ask them to reconsider where they dropped their stuff, and they helped me out pretty quickly. I guess when you're 15-years-old some things just don't occur to you!

I ran 15x400 on 60-65 second recoveries. Took a 400m extended jogging recovery lap after 8 intervals. Splits: 70, 69, 68, 69, 69, 68, 67, 68, 67, 67, 68, 67, 66, 64, 64. Felt really strong today. The first several intervals felt easy, but the shorter recoveries started to catch up with me. It was awesome to close the last couple in sub 65.

30 minute cooldown in the Indian Ridge, Baker's Meadow and Pomps Pond reservations.

6 PM: 3 miles easy before the MVS workout to loosen up and be ready to lead warm-up activities.

13 miles total on the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment