Friday, April 26, 2013

Vastus Medialis Strain - Help!

All of the muscle cramping after Wednesday's workout is probably to blame, but the quad wasn't sore until Friday morning. Thursday I ran 9 miles in 67 minutes on trails. I did take a funky step which made me feel something in the quad, but it wasn't exactly painful. 

Now, Friday morning, there is a ~2 inch area right in the thick of the Vastus Medialis (inner quad muscle just above the knee) that's sore to the touch and is painful if I contract the quad. I'll be all over RICE, but in the meantime, can/should I run? Really hoping for some feedback here. Going out to buy some ibuprofen in the meantime. Thanks in advance!

2 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better. I would try using frozen dixie cups and do i deep painful ice massage for 5 minutes every 4 hours or so. Also, try to get a an appointment with someone who does Graston. Good Luck.

    Shawn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip, Shawn. Feeling mostly better at this point... test run this afternoon, so we'll see how it goes. Graston HURTS, so I'm avoiding it, but may look into it if the leg is worse tomorrow.

      Delete