Saturday, April 6, 2013

Saturday, 4/6

10 miles / 76 minutes on trails in the Fells Reservation. This was only my second time ever running this trail system and the place is much larger than I first gave it credit for. I ran out 30 minutes along a similar path to the one Matt showed me last week and then tried to cut a route back to the car to make it 50-55 minutes. Well, that plan quickly failed as I realized I had no idea where I was or what trails to be following. Eventually found a trail map and realized I didn't even know the name of the location where I parked!  I got lucky eventually stumbling upon the open field I recognized from the beginning of the run. Looking over the GPS data, it could have been much worse as I barely avoided a 2-3 mile detour. Good run, though. I can see myself doing a fair amount of training in the Fells this summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment