Tuesday, February 1, 2011

2/1 - Workout ... Tuesday!

Goal: 3x2000 at cruise interval pace.

Actual: 3x2000 at cruise interval pace.

Notes:

In light of the storm, I was pumped that Brandon Newbould invited me to "the cage" at PEA to do a light workout. We warmed up 2-2.5, stretched and went straight into it. I felt good and just plugged away at the pace. We took recovery jogs at 2 laps, so about 300 meters at a moderate pace. I was mentally prepared to do a 4th, but Brandon's wisdom convinced me to do otherwise. Moderating my workouts is something I need to practice more often, since I've been known to overdo it in the past. Cooldown was 2-2.5. I'm starting to get excited about the Jones Realtors 10 miler in 4 weeks, although expectations in terms of time are still up in the air. Hopefully workouts later on this month will be a better indicator. Any way you cut it, I am more fit than last year at this time, so that's a plus.

No comments:

Post a Comment