Thursday, January 27, 2011

Week 2: 1/24 - 1/30

M: Snowshoe recovery day: 7
T: Easy double: 5.3 am, 4.5 pm
W: Tempo (4.45 miles at 5:37) 12 total
R: Recovery: 8.5 on the roads with Ben
F: Recovery take II: 7.5 on the roads with Joe
S: Sidehiller ~4.5 mile snowshoe race. 10th overall, 35:27. 12 total
S: Long run solo: 14

Total: 69.3*

Notes: *I laugh because there used to be a time when if I saw this, I would run out the door to get the extra .7 miles. This was another solid week for me. I felt a little tired on Thursday and Friday. I wasn't sleeping well and work got considerably more busy than it has been. The tempo workout gave me some confidence for the weekend's race, but I really didn't know what I was in for. I ran hard for about 3.5, fell on my face and lost contact with the runners ahead of me, and essentially tried to close as respectably as possible. Snowshoe racing is a whole different animal compared to the roads, but I can see the appeal. I'll probably be back for next weekend's Exeter race!

No comments:

Post a Comment