Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Workout Wednesday

Goal: 4 mile tempo @ 5:30 per mile, 22:00

Actual: 4 mile tempo @ 5:25 per mile, 21:41

Notes: Originally I planned to work out with Wes Dinnan but plans got a bit complicated so I ended up running solo from home in Amesbury. I plotted out a 4 mile stretch which falls in the middle of my favorite 10-miler and set out into the rain and slush. I was trying to be courteous to traffic and run on the sidewalks until about 3 min into the run I totally hit the deck on some ice. I landed on my right knee but I bounced right up and didn't notice any discomfort beyond maybe a little bruising. I stopped 18 minutes in and stretched my calves and hamstrings (the two muscle groups which tend to be the tightest) for about a minute and then headed into the tempo. The course is basically rolling with a few small ups and downs. I felt good and didn't think to look at my watch until 19 minutes in. I jogged it home really slowly since by that point my clothes and shoes weighed probably 8 lbs. Total time for 10 was 65:10. Tomorrow I take the MTEL (5 hour literacy exam for teaching in Mass). Looking forward to the run afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment