Monday, November 2, 2015

Training 10/26 - 11/1

Monday - 0, many a thing to do in the afternoon/evening. Should have run!

Tuesday - 7 miles with a variety of tempo intervals and surges. The idea was to practice surging off a good aerobic pase. It looked like this:

300 tempo, 100 fast
400 tempo, 200 fast
600 tempo, 200 fast
800 tempo, 400 fast
600 tempo, 200 fast
400 tempo, 200 fast
300 tempo, 100 fast * I ran 13-mid for 100m!

Wednesday - 0, meet in Barrington RI with the HSers. Home by 9:30 pm and all I wanted to do was eat and catch the highlights from the debate. Not a great running week, so far.

Thursday - 0, Wilderness trip meeting went late and doctor's appointment later on. Not a good week!

Friday - 4 miles very slow in Ward. Felt pretty terrible from an energy standpoint. Seriously long stretch followed by a light core session for the first time in weeks.

Saturday - 9 miles / Franconia ridge hike with my friend April. Perfect weather; high 40s at the base and not much below 30 at the top. No wind to speak of and sunny and clear all day. 7 hours with lots of breaks to take it all in.

Sunday - 8 miles at Maudslay with the Spaniard. Hips/quads sore from the downhill yesterday. Good spirits. Met the race director for Saunder's which was cool. We were the jerks avoiding the $5.00 parking charge at the main entrance by parking a mile down the road.

Week in review - in summary, not much to write home about. The hike along Lafayette, Lincoln and Little Haystack was definitely the highlight. I need to do more of that! The HS cross country season wrapped up this week which will afford me a lot more personal time than I've had. Lauren has one more month of grad school and once that's done I'll have more liberties in terms of training. Basically I'm trying to run as much as I can, where and when I can. I know I'm only a few weeks away from being fit enough to race if I can just get the miles up. At least I'm healthy! Hopefully for next week I'll be talking about how I ran 6 days with a couple days of quality and 2-3 core sessions. Looking forward to my 5th Feaster Five and Mill Cities Relays. Cold weather racing is where it's at!

No comments:

Post a Comment