Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Training 11/16 -11/22

Monday - off. My cat was having some bizarre health issues so La and I spent the evening at the vet instead of on the roads.

Tuesday - 16 miles / 6:28 pace mostly in Andover. I ended up feeling pretty good and ran some of my favorite roads. This is the farthest I have run in maybe 7-8 months. I'd like to have at least one run a week between 16 and 18 as I really feel like my fitness comes around when I incorporate these longer efforts. Treating it like a workout so the next day or two will be nice and easy.

Wednesday - 6 miles / 42 minutes from the apartment. Afterward I did a bunch of lunges, dead lifts with 50 lbs, lat pull downs, sit-ups, curls, shoulder press. The run felt very comfortable aerobically.

Thursday - 8 miles / 56 minutes with Alex from the apartment to the Phillips Sanctuary and back. The Sanctuary course is in really nice shape for private school interscholastic champs. Felt really good aerobically but high hamstrings are thrashed from the lunges and dead lifts from yesterday.

Friday - .25 mi / 1:56 to the gate and back. Calf had been tight since yesterday and it once I got moving it just seemed too risky. A day off made sense anyway after the last 3 days of build.

Saturday - 4 miles slow with a buddy from my UNH days. Gorgeous day for a run. I did my hip exercises today which should have me feeling good for a long one tomorrow.

Sunday - 11.7 miles / 91 minutes in the Fells with the Narcissi brothers. Drizzly day but good company. Always nice to get a little lost in the Fells and end up with a fairly long run, at least in terms of time. 4x25 push-ups after

In summary:

46 miles on 5 days running is another step in the right direction. The calf bugging me on Friday was annoying but totally manageable on Saturday and no discomfort to speak of on Sunday. Feaster Five will be a test of fitness on Thursday and I might try to jump into a local fun run on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment