Thursday, November 5, 2015

Training 11/2 -11/8

Monday - Off? Locked myself in at work and tied up some loose ends. Home around 6:30 and starving. Bed by 8:30.

Tuesday - 4.2 miles / 6:28 pace on the track before coaching. Better than nothing. Before running I tried out the 10 minute core workout posted on Level Renner this week. My 'T' sure isn't low but I liked the idea of mixing up my routine a bit. It was harder than I expected! No rest between exercises catches up to you. I think I needed to warm-up first. I'll try the session again on Thursday.

Wednesday - 7ish miles. 3 miles up to the track. I threw on some soccer cleats to break them in for a teachers vs students soccer game on Friday and ran 10 minutes of diagonals on the football field. I had some time so I decided to run some 400s on 1 minute-or-so standing rest: 73, 72, 71, 72, 71, 71, 71, 70. Afterwards I led runners through some drills and ran 4 hard 100m strides. Lower mileage, higher quality running for a change! No cool-down.

Thursday - 10 miles steady. 4 of them with a couple of Merrimack College guys. 650 pace or so.  Felt pretty good.

Friday - no run,  but I did score a hat trick in the faculty vs soccer team game. Faculty won 3-1.

Saturday - 11+ miles with JVG and Narc. First 30 minutes in Maudslay and the remainder on roads. Great run! Probably averaged 7:00s.

Sunday - Random workout. The original plan was 45 minutes in the woods easy. But, after hitting the deck and rolling the L ankle twice I'd had enough and got out to roads as quickly as possible. I just wasn't in the mood for a slog on pavement so I went to check out the newly resurfaced Phillips Andover track. I have to say it is beautiful and especially so by comparison to its former condition! I went with the standard 5k run alternating 400s "hard" and 200s "easy". The hard efforts ended up being on the slower side for this workout but it was still fun to open it up: 78, 76, 76, 75, 75, 75, 75, 75, 36 * just to get to 5k. 200m jogs averaged around 50 seconds. 7 miles total.

Week in Summary - A pretty good week by comparison with the past few months. Might have eeked out 40 miles but I think if I really counted I came up a short by a few. I only did one core workout so I missed on my goal there. For this coming week I hope to see more of the same. I'd like to fit in a tempo run and maybe another session of 400s or even 800s if I'm feeling bold. Onward!

No comments:

Post a Comment