Thursday, March 28, 2013

Wednesday, 3/27 Busted workout

Beautiful day and felt ready to roll a good one. Picked a loop I've only run once before from North Andover. Warmed up 3 miles, 6:43, 6:12, 6:01 feeling strong. Goal was 5 miles tempo (5:30-5:40). Out quick (5:24, 5:29) and realized I had missed my turn to head back to the car (or so I thought), turned around, ran aimlessly for a mile or so (5:43) down a street that was clearly taking me in the wrong direction and got frustrated enough to pause the watch. Decided to double back in the direction I had set out on, started another tempo mile (5:26), found the turn, 2 minutes rest, and one final tempo mile (5:21) and called it a day. Originally thought this loop was a 10 miler but turns out it was closer to 11.5. Bonked pretty hard on the cooldown. Hungry. Coached afterward and then to MVS meeting to give a talk on the taper period, basically describing what NOT to do (plenty of personal experience there!). Felt like a shoddy workout, but I'm glad I did something. Wavering between a track workout or a short race this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment