Thursday, April 8, 2010

4/8 6x800 Tune-up

I was really tired today but I made up my mind to be true to my two workout a week commitment (to myself). Also, I'm tired not because of my training but because of my failure to make sure I got a good night's sleep. No more excuses; I'll make up the rest over the next couple of days.

I didn't feel too bad during the workout. I warmed up for 22 minutes and after a 4 minute stretch I began the workout. I started on the track and moved out onto the trails and roads to change up the terrain and get some hills. I therefore ran on time. My first 800 inside was 2:29 and felt like a breeze, so I worked off a 2:30 on/2:00 rest cycle. I finished up with a couple of 200s in 31 and jogged home to stretch.

This workout felt easy, but I know it still can have tired out my legs for Saturday's race. I'll be taking things very easy tomorrow out of caution.

No comments:

Post a Comment