Wednesday, April 28, 2010

4/28 - Injury blues...

One would think that I'd have learned by now not to try and "run through" another injury but alas, history repeats itself. This time it resulted in my entire calf--achilles up to the insertion behind my knee--becoming swollen and super painful to walk on.

I tried taking my dad's advice and hiked Monadnock Saturday after the race, but I found upon finishing that maybe hiking had actually made it worse. My achilles began feeling tendonitis-y and behind my knee was feeling worse as well.

Since then, I've been eating ibuprofen like skittles and icing semi-regularly. It's hard to really prevent walking on it since I live on a campus which covers about a square mile. I'm trying to find the silver lining to all of this; maybe focusing on wrapping up the semester's final papers is it.

Anyway, I was signed up for the Children's Museum 5k this weekend and I was really looking forward to it, but I doubt it's going to happen. Going for my first jog since Friday's race this afternoon... 1-2 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment