Tuesday, June 4, 2019

Week 21: Looking to summer

Monday, 6/3: 6.3 miles / 49 minutes - Camp Yavneh loops with Newbould. Kept things nice and easy. It was great to catch up, and also to learn there is in fact a connector between the two roads on the east side of the pond.

Tuesday, 6/4: 4.02 miles / 30:50 - In the Meadows. Mid-60s and overcast was just about perfect. First couple pretty easy then as I approached the hill on Saddleback Mtn Rd I decided I'd push a little bit and carried a harder effort the rest of the way home. Just a hair under 6min pace for the last half mile.

Wednesday, 6/5: 8.3 miles / 57:06 / 6:53 pace on the Bow Lake counter-clockwise loop from the Dam. 72, humid and overcast. Hints of rain would have been welcomed but no luck. First road run in a long time. I almost changed plans at 1 mile in as I felt really rough but I decided not to worry about it and pushed on. The last few miles are interesting, an almost 300' climb followed by two miles of steep drops scaffolded by flats. Last 2+ miles under 6:20 pace.

Thursday, 6/6: 3.13 miles / 29:29 - My parents came to visit so my dad and I sneaked out for a short easy run out and back from the apartment. I needed an easy day after running 28 miles over the previous four days.

Friday, 6/7: Off. Graduation night.

Saturday, 6/8: 3 miles in 20:40, 6 mile bike ride helping pace Wes through his tempo in 32:xx. 3x400 with 400m jog recoveries in 72, 73, 71. 1.5 mile coold-down in 12:00. 5.25 total miles.

Sunday, 6/9: 9.3 miles / 77:xx with Sasquatch and Sloth through the nudist trails in Lee.

Summary: 36.5 miles on 6 days. One bike ride. I'm left feeling pretty 'meh' after this week which doesn't make sense. By all comparisons with the past two years this was a great week. I almost hit 40 miles, I missed only one day, and I even ran a few laps under 5:00min pace. Thursday and Friday were pretty garbage days though. Goals for this coming week are to repeat something similar. 30-40 miles on at least 6 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment