Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Training Week 10/21 - 10/27

Monday: Easy 8.5 / 60 minutes mostly on roads due to daylight constraints. Slow to start but found a groove eventually 6:50s pace. 9" of planks, 100 sit ups, 60 pushups and 30 pull ups for core.

Tuesuday: Easy 8.3 / 61 minutes, 2 mi on the roads and 6+ on the trails around the double drummer of Weir Hill in North Andover. Pretty sweet view from the top of the hill.

Wednesday: 5 / 35 minutes easy. Had a planned workout on the schedule but pushed it back a day since my energy was low. No worries. Glad I got out and moved.

Thursday: Workout! Stole this one from Eric or Greg or somebody on the interweb. Warmed up 24 minutes. A few drills, a couple light stretches and then straight into it. 1600 (800), 2x800 (400), 4x400 (200) was the target. Tried to keep the rest honest. I went 5:03, 2:26, 2:25, 71, 70, 69, 69 for a total of 25:10. Down 23 minutes for a total of 11 on the day. Felt okay. I was working.

Running Mayor's Cup on Sunday as a rust buster!! Might as well jump in the deep end, right? It would be cool to run 27:xx and be part of the scene again.

Friday: 8 miles / 60 minutes easy on trails.

Saturday: 8 miles / 61 minutes with Dad on the roads of Nelson. Felt oddly drained afterward. Dinner with the parents at a Thai restaurant downtown Keene and then drove home to rest up for the race. On the drive I noticed my throat suddenly became really sore and my energy plummeted to the point that I almost pulled over to nap (at 9:30 PM!).

Sunday: 0 - Off. Sick as a dog. Chills, cough, aching throat and head. Oh well. I'm pretty ticked off but there's nothing I can do about it and I've been doing everything right. I missed what might have been a really fun race, but there are plenty more opportunities. I'll spend the day sipping green tea and working on getting ahead on Q1 report cards. Not the Sunday I had in mind...

49 miles, one good workout, and a bunch of easy running, wrapped up with a serious head cold and possibly fever. I'll be treading lightly next week.

1 comment:

  1. Hey that workout looks very familiar! Nice job! Good luck at Mayor's Cup.

    ReplyDelete