Thursday, December 6, 2012

Wednesday

Met up with Steve at the Phillips Andover track for my first workout back from the marathon. We decided on 600m repeats aiming for 75s through the 400. Rest was 2:00 jogging. We discussed a 1:30 rest, but I wanted full recovery to make sure my mechanics stayed sound. The weather took a strong turn for the worse about as soon as we began warming up. It was cold and there was a strong headwind on the backstretch of the track. Warmed up 22 minutes in the sanctuary, 400m of light drills, and then straight into the workout. 1:54, 1:55, 1:52, 1:56, 1:55, 1:55, 1:56, 1:49. The headwind got worse as the workout progressed. It took me a few laps to get into a groove but things flowed smoothly afterwards. I didn't feel "fast" but my aerobic strength is still there. Next up, tempo on Saturday morning! Any takers? Probably running in Newburyport.

3 comments:

  1. I might be up for something on Saturday depending on the time. Maudsley, I take it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, Mike. Let me know if you decide to make the trip. There is a nice 3k loop in Maudslay so I am thinking 2 loops for the tempo. Alternatively, we could run the Yankee Homecoming loop which is nice since the miles are marked. Start planned for 7:15 or so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's early enough, I'll let you know tomorrow. It's probably a go.

    ReplyDelete