Monday, December 17, 2012

Friday - Sunday

Friday:

I had just enough time to run about 9 miles if I made it quick, and I was pleasantly surprised to feel great from the start. Guess I took it easy enough yesterday... Garmin took about .25 to connect, but I had 4 miles sub 6 in there and simply felt fantastic.

 http://connect.garmin.com/splits/252326415 1 mi cool down not included on Garmin

Saturday:

Jose woke me up with a phone call at 7:15 telling me he was outside of my apartment... Oh %$!@! I let Jose in and then proceeded to slam a mug of coffee, eat an english muffin, throw on the running clothes and out the door a little after 7:30. We warmed up 5 miles progressing to about 6:30 pace and then I went 5:43, 5:37, 5:29, 5:34, 5:28 for miles 6-10. 4 miles cool down feeling awesome! Great run and somehow these workouts are always easier with company. Many thanks to Jose for keeping me honest.

Sunday:

Off. Planned rest day and fine with it after several solid days of running this week.

Weekly total: 51 miles on 5 days.

Feels like I'm starting to get back in the groove. Gunning for at least 6 days running this week with two harder days. The tempo running I've been doing has made running 5:30s drastically more fun than it was a month ago. This week I'll probably keep with the tempos and maybe add a few cruise intervals at a slightly faster pace. (5:10ish)



No comments:

Post a Comment