Friday, December 9, 2011

Training

M: 0 Well, I suppose fortunately the reason for all the zeros is not due to injury or personal disaster. The call I got on Sunday morning was from my cousin describing how he and my uncle had found my grandma on the floor at home. She had a stroke, a bad one, and the doctor whom they'd spoken to said, basically, to expect the worst. At that moment, Lauren and I packed our bags and headed to Connecticut until Tuesday night. I honestly could have run, and maybe I should have just to keep up a routine, but I just never had the desire. It was really special to see my grandma make a huge turnaround, begin recovering from brain surgery and some other smaller operations, as well as to see McGraths from all over the country flying and driving in to be there. No regrets about this week at all... Family always comes first for me.
T: 0
W: 0
R: 6.5 easy just getting back into stride.
F: 10 Harder mostly on trails and around town in Andover
S: 6 Just fitting in a run since I had to work so darn early. Heading to CT straight form work so we'll see what happens.
S: 9 Ran with Dad. we were both in CT visiting my grandma in the hospital. we cruised along steadily on a mixture of roads and trails and had a nice chat about where we've been and where we hope to be in the future. Always nice running in hilly Ridgefield, CT.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear Scotty. Take care of business! You have plenty of time to get ready for Mt. Wash ! ;).

    ReplyDelete