Tuesday, February 2, 2016

The latest

MRI results posted in my healthcare portal and although I can barely decipher the technical jargon, it sounds like there's evidence of loose floating cartilage or scar tissue behind the patella. The report also said something about "mild subchondral patellar bone marrow edema" which a quick google search suggests to me that I have fluid or swelling in the patella itself. Sketchy!

In other news, I ran for 55 minutes on trails between the Ward and Harold Parker systems on Sunday and felt great. Beautiful "Spring" day in January.

And on Monday I ran a short loop starting from Andover center up past Phillips Andover along some quiet roads by headlamp. Smooth easy running.

My attitude about training at this point is that I'm not training, but to stop running cold turkey is an unbearable concept. I should learn more about the next steps tomorrow when I see the doctor again.

Over and out!

No comments:

Post a Comment