Monday, January 27, 2014

Week 5: 1/27 - 2/2

Monday: 10 miles / 63:41 - Progression run. Super steady. Mindful of form and the ankle the whole time. No worse for the wear several hours later, which probably* means I'm totally in the clear! 10 minute plank variation after: 3 x (1" left, right, double) followed by 2" double arm plank, no rest.

Tuesday: 10 miles / 64:36 - Steady running on the treadmill. Last 2.5 at 5:55 pace. Felt good. Quick lifting circuit after: 2 x 25 push ups, 2 x 12 reps 100lb lat pull-downs, 3 x 15 reps 20 lb bicep curls, 3 x 40 sit ups, 2 x 12 reps of 40 lb military press. The gym was wicked busy, filled mostly by bros sitting around on their iPhones. A couple guys were taking pictures of each other flexing which I thought was super weird... Such oddities should help explain why I did 2 sets of exercises in some areas and 3 in others.

Wednesday: 9 miles / 60:32 - Easy cruise. 3 x 25 push-ups in the morning. No time for other strength today as a meeting after work went long and then I had to scamper over to the common for the outdoor track session. Then straight over to Sal's for the awards meeting. Full day! Feeling good. Bed by 11:30 which is super late or me. No snowshoe race this weekend so I'm not as worried about the lost rest,  but I'd still like to do something nice and hard this weekend; maybe a long progression run Sunday. Might hit up a group ride or workout on the compu-trainer Saturday morning.  We'll see!

Thursday: 9 miles easy / NT with Newbould. We linked up last minute for a jaunt around Maudslay. After about 5 miles of unpredictable/icy footing we opted for the remainder on roads around Newburyport. Solid run. Great to catch up! Feeling really good about the week and for a solid effort this weekend. Details TBD.

Friday: 4 miles easy after school. Light core and mobility session.

Saturday: 8 miles with 8 x 60 second hill sprints on 2 minutes recovery. Standard core session after.

Sunday: Incredibly sore from the hills. 4 miles / 28 minutes.

In other news... I'm taking a break from the blog. I'm going back to PT for the arthritic right knee and although I'll continue running, it will be lighter than normal. I like the idea of keeping everyone guessing as we roll into the racing season... and in general I'm looking forward to a change in focus as I'll be trying to prioritize yoga, lifting consistently and resetting all the systems before Spring arrives. See you all on the roads soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment