Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Week 2: 1/6 - 1/12

Monday: 7.01 miles / 48:03 on the treadmill at Cedardale. I was tempted to go longer but I committed this day to recovery. At night I attempted some core but I was pretty wiped out and doing sit ups on a full stomach is just plain miserable! 2 x 1" planks on left, right and double arm. 2x20 pushups, 2x30 sit ups. I want to get a medium-long run in tomorrow and do some lower back and hamstring exercises.

Tuesday: 13 miles / 82:40 treadmill progression run at the gym. 6:21 average. Started at 6:50 and the last one was 5:21. Felt great. Got a little thirsty around 10 miles. I got out of work late so I didn't have time to do any lifting. I did a couple sets of lunges though, making me instantly sore. This evening was the first session for Winter Track coaching duties and I am pumped for how many people came out! We fit 60+ runners on the 155m track at Andover field house. Looking forward to a good season indoors.

Wednesday: 7.5 miles / 53 minutes easy + a little jogging around during outdoor track to keep warm. Great turnout for outdoor, 16 people! I can't believe how many people at the outdoor session are training for the marathon. It looks to be a fun group to coach outdoors this winter. Later on I did 2 sets of 1-minute right, left and double-arm planks, 2x15 push ups, 2x7 pull ups, 2x30 sit ups. Again after dinner on a full stomach, bleh!

Thursday: 10 miles / 65:03 - Warmed up 3.5 and straight into 1" on, 1" off for 5 miles. 29:42 for the effort, so a hair under 6:00 average. The ice all over the sidewalks of west Andover was super sketchy, but obviously running in the street, in the dark, during rush hour isn't all that awesome either. So I was forced to dial back the pace for several of the harder efforts and several times had to perform acrobatic feats to get past rivers of ice safely. Glad I got it done anyway!

Friday: 8.6 miles / 60:00 on the treadmill. 3 set of 1" single and double-arm core, 3 x 20 push-ups, 3 x 20' lbs, 3x30 sit ups.

Saturday: 10 miles with a 3.17 "5k" at the Fudgcicle race #2 hosted by Greater Lowell RR. 3.10 reached in 15:43; 16:03 finishing time for 2nd place behind Ryan Gough.

Sunday: 4 miles, 28 minutes. Right foot is oddly sore.

No comments:

Post a Comment