Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Week 3 1/13 - 1/19

Monday: Off - resting the right foot. There appears to be some swelling around the cuboid and os peroneum. My peroneal tendons are ticked off too. Must have done something to it during the race on Saturday? I remember hurting this area a couple times in the past 10 years, and each time it's during the winter. Must be all the road running. My shoes were close to 500 miles too (I bought new ones since).

Anyway, I bit the bullet and added the pool to my current gym membership. It's not unreasonably priced for everything that's offered. $45/mo with the pool and I can cancel any time... plus I get $250 refunded by my insurance. It sounds like a lot money until I consider how much I spend on things like Chipotle in a given month. To have a pool and be able to stay aerobically active during downtime like this is well worth it! I'll probably spend a majority of time aqua-running unless I feel like embarrassing myself with a few laps here and there.

Tuesday: Off - one more day of complete rest. Very uncomfortable walking down stairs.

Wednesday: Day 1 of pool work. Aqua-jogged/ran for 30 minutes. Then about 30 lengths (15 laps) of swimming.

Thursday: Day 2 in the pool. Aqua-jogged for 20 minutes. Foot/Ankle hurting while in pool. New goggles apparently defective as the water they were exposed to yesterday seemed to have dissolved the glue keeping them intact, so no swimming (I wear contacts). 3 sets of: (12x 25 lb curls, 12 x 50 lb inclined bench (easing into it), 12 x 25 lb triceps extensions, 12 x 70 lb lat pull-downs, 25 push ups, 40 sit ups). The pain feels more specifically located in the cuboid bone area... difficult to self-diagnose.

Friday: Day 3 in the pool. New goggles, new outlook; swam 35 laps, which I think comes out to a little over a mile. Finally figured out how to exhale under water and got a good breathing rhythm going. It's not running and my legs are probably going to be jello by the time I get back to the roads, but it will do for now.

Saturday: 30 minutes of pool running - pretty sore from swimming laps so I chilled and bobbed around for a while. Standard core session later.

Sunday: Off - foot/ankle still hurting, not quite as bad. I'm more or less confident it's a tendon issue at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment