Monday, December 2, 2013

Training 11/25 - 12/1

Monday: 7.2 with Matt Germain after hanging out at the Feaster Expo. Felt good!

Tuesday: 0 unplanned day off. Leaving the Feaster Expo around 6:30 I planned to run. But then it was freezing rain and I saw two accidents while driving 4 miles home and decided to hang in. Excuses, excuses, I could have easily run at the gym.

Wednesday: 8 easy in the evening. Felt oddly achy and tight. Probably caused by the day off!

Thursday: 13 total, ~4 up, 5M hard (26:43), ~4 down. Good run! Report in another post.

Friday: 9 miles easy / 64 minutes. Felt good except for very tight and sore lower back. Not the first time this has happened and it usually clears up in a couple days. Need to be better about core.

Saturday: 5 easy before Thanksgiving II at Lauren's parents. Would have gone longer but my lower back is feeling really rocked from Thursday's effort.  Lauren worked 12+ hrs on Thursday so I got Thanksgiving dinner, complete with food coma all over again.

Sunday: 0 unplanned day off. Slept in and had family over and although I truly wanted to romp something like 15-17 miles, the icy and rainy conditions dissuaded me. Long tomorrow!!

Total: 41 miles on 5 days. Weak training overall, but my body probably needed a little downtime as it adjusts to 50s and 60s. Pretty happy with the run on Thursday. Time to hit the training for the next 6 weeks... got the green light to pick up some new snowshoes (mine are 13 years old and falling apart). I think my training will be more conducive to snowshoe racing this winter. We'll see how it all goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment