Sunday, November 10, 2013

Training 11/4 - 11/10

Monday: 10.8 miles / 74 minutes - Relaxed run at 6:50 pace. Super scary running at 4:30-5:30. Rush hour commuters seem so unaware of their speed and general aggressiveness on narrow roads. I rocked the head-lamp with a vest and flashing LEDs and some people still pulled crazy moves last minute as if they couldn't see me. Last winter I started running later on, like from 6 to 7. I'll probably reinstate that practice until late winter when it gets a little brighter. I have a treadmill and snowshoes as backup options too.

Tuesday: 9.5 miles / 63 minutes. Progression run after work. Felt good. Looks like I won't be seeing trails except for the weekends from now on. It was so dark out there! Almost makes me want to become a morning runner, save for the fact I'd have to wake up at 4:30 AM for that to become a reality.

Wednesday: Off. Parent-teacher conferences straight out until coaching. I would have run straight from practice at 8PM but then I realized I didn't bring my shoes. It wasn't meant to be!

Thursday: 10 miles / 63:40  progression run, with the last 5 at 6:05 pace. Wanted to continue on for another two but had a school tour to attend.

Friday: 10 miles / 70:15 easy on roads in the evening after work. I waited out rush hour and started at 6:15. All went according to plan until my headlamp died. Then footing got a little dicey!!

Saturday: 9.2 miles / 71 minutes very easy on Andover trails. Nice lazy Saturday.

Sunday: 12 miles / 72:12 hard but smooth effort around the hills of Westford. Started with a 6:40 which told me I was in for a good one. By 3 miles I was down to 6:08 on a long climbing mile into the town center. I decided at that point to tempo the next 5 miles, going 5:36 (downhill), 5:45, 5:51, 5:55, 5:41. I ran the next 3 miles right around 6:05 and the last one was 5:49.

Overall: 62 miles on 6 days of steady and well distributed miles. What a difference a week can make! No core sessions. Some yoga, but probably not enough. One semi-workout Sunday afternoon. Really trying to let each run come to me. Back to doing some more specific work next week and looking to have a "real" long run next weekend. Maybe 15 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment