Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Shout out for my dad and bro

This weekend wasn't exactly mine.

Two others within the immediate McGrath clan had stellar performances.

My brother Alex ran 24:04 on the William & Mary home course to win his conference meet in a course record. He ran 25:17 to win there earlier this year, so the improvement curve was huge! Here is a link to the write up, and if you click on the video, after a 30s commercial, you'll see a few race highlights, and a series of short interviews between Alex and his coach: http://www.tribeathletics.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=608329&SPID=83403&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205720894&DB_OEM_ID=25100 Alex ran Saturday and you better believe his run was fuel for the fire for my marathon on Sunday.

Meanwhile, my dad Art McGrath, at the age of 61, ran the Nashua Telegraph 10k. He works nights, so he had about 4 hours sleep before driving to Nashua for the race. He romped over the course in his age group and ran 2 out of his 4 fastest 5ks of the year on this course: http://coolrunning.com/results/12/nh/Oct28_Nashua_set2.shtml

All this to say, we're a running family and I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be the guy I am without them!

No comments:

Post a Comment