Monday, July 18, 2011

Week ending 7/11 - 7/17

Monday: 55 minutes

Tuesday: 9

Wednesday: 8m, workout. ladder, 2, 3, 4, 5, 3, 2 minutes on by one minute off.

Thursday: 15m, good long run in Pawtuckaway with Brandon and one of his athletes from the boat landing. Bonking from about 1:20 on...

Friday: 0 didn't work out a time to run. Calf is a tad tight and sore today anyway.

Saturday: 4 easy in the afternoon.

Sunday: DNF at Stowe - 10 total. I'm not sure it would have made a difference but I didn't fit a stretch in before the race and my calf and hamstring were tight from the start. On the long downhill leading into 4 miles my calf really started to irritate me as I began to healstrike worse and feel a lack of coordination in my right leg.
Total: 54 miles

Notes: I wasn't good about stretching or getting good consistency this week. I've had enough of training half-assed or creating excuses for myself. It's time to get back to the basics. Ultimately I won't feel comfortable running fast until I build a solid base. The next few weeks will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment