Monday, September 23, 2013

Good news

I'm good to go!... Apparently, my low pulse rate (33 bpm at rest) combined with pretty persistent palpitations looked pretty concerning to a couple doctors at first glance. I've never had them before, but I was told that palpitations (PVCs) are pretty common and benign. My heart is otherwise 100% healthy. The doctor believes the PVCs are connected to fatigue and that I was basically taking on too much. The major change is I have cut out caffeine completely whereas I am usually looking for two large cups every day. I wasn't too thrilled about losing my morning wake-up but it was a fairly easy change in the end. Thanks to the people who reached out in support. Now for the hopefully-not-so long road back to health. Hey, at least I'm safe to run.

2 comments:

  1. Great news! Ease back into the training bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome to hear man! My mom had palpitations a few years ago. Hers were from a combination of stress and caffeine. Instead of the morning brew, go for an easy run. That always works for me!

    ReplyDelete