Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Monday, 6/10

10 miles on trails with Benny Jenkins with some light core after. Felt great. PF aggravated to start but felt fair by the mid-point of the run and almost pain free Tuesday morning, so seeing consistent improvement there. I was outside with kids for the last 3 periods of the day on Monday playing games and running around, so this was actually a pretty big day considering the overall scope of my training right now.

Not racing Hollis on Thursday. Given some alignment issues (hip, PF) and lack of training, the odds of derailing the bit of progress I've made in the past couple weeks seem too great. I'm disappointed to miss a GP race, but I have high hopes for summer racing and a Fall marathon. Going to get on the bike soon and add some minimal impact training to the schedule as I build back up with the running miles.

Last day of school today. Can't believe it! I'll be back next year with some new responsibilities and I'm excited for the next leg of the journey. My brother moves in with me for the summer before heading off to Russia for the year beginning in September, so I'll have a great training partner for the next 12 weeks. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment