Sunday, February 19, 2012

Week 7: 2/13 - 2/19

Monday: 0 off - left arch isn't cooperating.
Tuesday: 0 planned day off just to be safe
Wednesday: 5 am, 4 pm easy, pain free but arch is tight.
Thursday: 10 miles / 65 minutes, some pain in the last 10 minutes or so.
Friday: 10 miles with 6k workout
Saturday: 10.3 / 75 minutes with a couple speedy miles scattered around
Sunday: 16.2 / 1:46 Bay Road with Spencer Sass, Marc Ouellette, and new CMS guy Tim Mallard. Beautiful day for a long run. Started out slowly and progressed to about 6:15 where we kept it for the last 5 miles. It was fun to catch up and share some stories.

Total: 55

I was frustrated with this week, but it wasn't a complete loss.. It began with some reservations about the status of my left arch/ankle area. It had become increasingly painful post-running while standing at work. Eventually it began hurting on runs and caused me to delay working out for 4-5 days. I can thankfully say that suggestions from a few trusted friends to rest for two consecutive days did the trick. On the brighter side, I still got in one light workout and a solid progressive long run. For next week I'm looking for 70 miles or so with a good hard run on Sunday at Amherst. I'm excited to return for second try there. A few years ago I went 56:18 on less training, but back then I also had a huge base. This year, I'll be satisfied if I'm able to score for CMS or PR. Both happen and I'm on cloud 9. Neither and I'll look forward to New Bedford and attempting to snag a new half PR. I am loving to run right now and it's finding satisfaction in each days' run that matters most.

No comments:

Post a Comment