Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Week 8/1 - 8/7

Monday: 10 miles steady, 66 minutes. Right Achilles was tight towards the beginning but loosened up in the end.

Tuesday: 10 miles, 67 minutes. Felt great today. Achilles was much better today.

Wednesday: 50 minutes in Portland from downtown after a long day on the bike with Lauren. Thought I'd be bombing down trails in Bar Harbor but plans changed. 7 miles.

Thursday: Thunder Chicken 5k: 16:16, 2nd place. 12.5 miles on the day. Sam Wood called me on our way home from Portland so I stopped in Portsmouth just in time to register and warm up. Ran in trainers.

Friday: 9.75 in 61:50 with the little bro. Pace was actually quicker (6:05-6:10) but we ran by night and had to go really slowly around the bike path in Keene.

Saturday: 8+ miles in 53:30 with Alex in the morning. Attending a wedding this afternoon!

Sunday: 10 miles in 63:30 on bike paths on the Cape.

Total: Roughly 67 miles on 7 days with a solid effort on Thursday. The remainder of the week was steady running with some quicker runs thrown in by feel. I'm pretty happy with the week and I was actually thrilled to run well at the Thunder Chicken with so little preparation. I'm taking the long road back to fitness, enjoying my runs and that's what's important for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment