Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Weeks #13-18

4/8: Off - Baby!
4/9: Off - Return from the hospital
4/10: Off - Getting used to things
4/11: Off - Getting used to things
4/12: Off - Getting used to things
4/13: 5.7 mi mountain bike ride / 51:17 - first time truly out on the mountain bike. Trails were pretty saturated. Rode slowly just getting the hang out things. In the Meadows.
4/14: Off

Pretty much a lost week but for good reason!

4/15: Off
4/16 Off
4/17:  3.3 mi run / 34 minutes easy with dad who was visiting. First run in a long time. Felt bad!
4/18 Off
4/19: 33 min mountain bike ride but mostly on roads exploring the area north of Lucas Pond
4/20 Off
4/21: 48:37 mountain bike with Cox and Bass. Raining. Crashed once but it was a gentle fall. Riding in a group was helpful. I could see and understand the lines they were taking. Definitely took the single track to the next level!

A couple days of exercise has been good for the mind and body.

4/22: 40:29 mountain bike ride solo in the Meadows.
4/23 - Off
4/24: 54:56 mountain bike ride in college Woods to the bog and out to Radar before eating it on skinny trail. Good hard ride. Found a few trails I'd never been on in College Woods. Trails were soaked.
PM: Meadows trail run with Joe. 4.6 miles. Felt wildly bad but hey! first double.
4/25 67 minute mountain bike ride with a group of 7 in Bear Brook. Amazingly fun trails. I wish I lived a tiny bit closer.
4/26: 1.5 mile trail jog just to get something in. Night time run.
4/27: 2.1 mil trail jog.
4/28:: 15 minute trail run behind CBNA.

Getting moving again. My sleep deprived brain benefits from getting outside. Exercised 6 out of 7 days which was huge!

4/29: 39 minute mountain bike clumsy and not in it today.
4/30 33:40 mountain bike ride
5/1 85:30 mountain bike mostly on roads.
5/2 66 minute run on the Sweet Trail solo felt good!
5/3 42 minute mountain bike
5/4 44:41 trail run checked out the boulder, ledges and hill loop in from the CBNA trail at the Meadows.
5/5 39:46 mountain bike ride. Heal was sore. Feels like mild PF. I wanted to run a bit today but opted not to.

This was a big week! Feeling stronger and stronger on the bike. 5 rides, 2 runs and no missed days.

5/6: 21 minute run / 3 miles/ 6:55 pace was all I had time for. 4 hrs of sleep last night and first day back at work. Time to adjust, yet again.
5/7: Off. things happen.
5/8: "5.5" miles in 51 minutes on the Sweet Trail. Pretty warm, dry day. According to trail markers, the GPS could be shorting me by up to a mile. But, the trail is very technical and I was dehydrated so I didn't feel great, turning around and cutting things short by 2.5 miles.
5/9: 5.5 miles / 45 minutes on the roads with the girls' squad in Durham. Beautiful day for a run.
5/10: Off - womp
5/11: 67:45 / 7/8 mi trail run in the Meadows with Wes and Joe. Climb on Saddleback was challenging but I'm feeling stronger.
5/12: 75 min bike ride on trails and a little bit of road in Durham. Set Strava segment PRs all over the place which was fun. Cleared the Oyster River trail to Spruce Bog in both directions which was a first. Fun solo ride.

Summary: Four runs, one good bike session. Not bad for the first week back at work with a baby at home. Days off this week mixed with some easy-moderate efforts seemed to be a good balance but I'm hoping to keep it closer to six days on, one off. I'm hopeful to get my runs closer to 60 minutes as an average and I think I'm ready to get my rides up to 90 minutes. I've forgotten about core recently so it's time to get back on it.

5/13: 3 miles: 6:47, 9:01, 6:54 on Meadows Trails. The temp must have dropped 10 degrees by the time I got there and it started to rain so I called it early. Felt good to push it a little bit on the climb coming back. 1 x 60 push-ups.
5/14: 0 - Nothing! Zilch! Nada! Baby shenanigans sidelined me today. Nasty day out so I'm not super disappointed.
5/15: 4.1 miles last couple at 7:00 pace. 6x100m strides afterwards. Trying to dial in my form a bit. Hips feel tight as I get below 5:20 pace. Time for the foam roller!
5/16: 5.6 miles harder than usual in the Meadows. Pushed really hard up Saddleback mountain road narrowly missing the Strava segment there.
5/17: Off - amazingly stressful day at work. Needed a run but my heel was extra cranky after yesterday's run.
5/18: Off - Another rest day for the heel. Felt pretty good going for a couple walks with Connor in the ergo-carrier.
5/19: 7.1 miles / 63 minutes - with Wesley in College Woods after a couple days off. Heel felt completely normal but stiffened up later in the evening.

Summary: Not a bad week but not great. 4 runs, 0 bike rides, 3 days off, no core work. Happy with the run on Sunday. My heel has been showing signs of a little PF but it's not presenting like it usually does. There's basically a single square centimeter that is sore to the touch and my whole heel feels tight after running but everything clears up by the next morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment