Tuesday, April 2, 2019

Week 12: Soreness

Monday, 4/1: Planned day off. I rode my bike on the trails behind my house for a few minutes just to see how much moisture is still trapped in the ground. Still not good enough conditions to venture into the forest on bike. I did one set of 50 push-ups just to see if I still could - it had been at least two weeks since I did one. I contemplated doing a full session but I didn't want to dive in and get myself dramatically sore without purpose, so I'll build back to 200ish in a session gradually over the next week. I like push-ups mostly for the postural benefits and maybe they cross over well for mountain biking but I don't think they offer much benefit to running economy. Looking forward to 50 degrees tomorrow!

Tuesday, 4/2: 5.3  miles / 48 minutes from NHPTV to the historic spruce bog in Lee. Thought I ran pretty easy and things felt pretty good but the right knee is complaining Wednesday morning as I write this up. NSAIDs, stretching and time off the legs is probably necessary. I also need to get back to my lunge and hip strength routines.
Wednesday, 4/3: Off. Grouchy about this one but my right knee held me up. I ended up doing some yoga plus forward and side leg raises, donkey kicks, clam shells, fire hydrants, 5 forward, side, L, and reverse lunges on each leg. Soreness inducing in a good way.
Thursday, 4/4: 4.14 miles / 30 minutes from the high school with the boys distance crew for their pre-meet run. First road run in a while and felt pretty good aerobically. Hip strength started to lapse in the last mile and R knee let me know it was there but not horrible. Hit the foam roller and did some more of the hip abduction exercises in the evening.
Friday, 4/5: Off - Lauren went into labor!
Saturday, 4/6: Off - Labor!
Sunday 4/7: Off - we have a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment