Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Something blog-worthy

Just a quick update to report that roughly 6 months post-surgery I'm fully able to run again without any pain or lingering inflammation or weakness afterwards. I'm not running a lot - fitness and schedule being most of the issue - but I have been able to run up to 10 miles once in a while and yesterday I ran my first track workout. 

I ran with the JV boys as they prep for their state meet on Thursday.

We did 800, 400, 800, 400, 800, 400 at goal 5k pace. I ran with a different kid each time and went 2:33, 76, 2:40, 79, 2:46, 75. I felt a bit like Bambi out there but it was still pretty cool to run fast for a little while.

The goal is to run a turkey trot in late November and maybe help out on a Mill Cities relay squad in mid-December..

Meanwhile, coaching the Oyster River boys team has been super fun! Championship season is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment