Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Tuesday, 4/9 Speedwork

I started running after work at Weir Hill in North Andover and shortly after 12 minutes running, I rolled my ankle hard on a mossy plank. Wiped out. Dirty, bleeding and my ankle was pretty sore. It took a few minutes to be able to run on it again, but soon enough I was back and running straight for the car. Had enough of the trails for the day.

My next stop was coaching duties at the North Andover MS track, but I had time to kill. I hung out in the car for a few minutes before finally convincing myself to run a few 400s and see if the ankle would hold up. It was a pretty short workout, but the speed was good for this point in the year.

Ended up going 8 x 400 with 60 s standing recoveries. Splits: 72, 69, 67, 66, 65, 65, 66, 66

No comments:

Post a Comment