Thursday, March 22, 2012

Week 12: 3/19 - 3/25

Monday: 60 minutes / 8 miles solo on trails from home. Felt, for lack of a better descriptor, clunky. Cycling doesn't do great things for my stride.

Tuesday am: 85 minuntes / 12.5 miles with M. Germain. Good run!


Tuesday pm: 45 minutes / ND with my pops out at Otter Brook Park in Keene. Picked up my first internal frame hiking pack ever (Alteo 50 by the North Face) and I can't wait to use it!


Wednesday am: 65 minutes / 9 miles on trails in and around the Ward reservation. Perfect day. Dehydrated by the end.

Thursday noon: 55 minutes / 7.5 miles on trails from home. Felt great out there today. Lauren is mad at me because two days running shirtless and I already have a good amount of color. Thanks pasty-white Irish skin! Double tonight?

Friday am: 45 minutes / 6.5 on trails and roads. Started sluggish but felt really fresh by the end. Definitely double tonight. This week is looking ugly thus far!

Friday pm: double canceled due to tight achilles.

Saturday: 5 miles easy with Ben on trails. Achilles and mid calf were super tight and sore today. A little freaked out, but lots of rolling, ice and massage after seem to have things feeling better.

Sunday: Helped a buddy out at the first ever Red Coat Run in Lexington. Ran packet pick-up and t-shirt distribution 8:30-9:55 and decided very last-minute to hop in and get a few miles. There's just something about a racing environment that makes me want to run hard... so without warmup I'm out in 5:45 and sucking wind. My legs felt super rubbery and clearly not warmed up yet. Big hill in mile 2 slowed me some, but chased several people down in the last mile and finished up at 17:48 (I think). Didn't even jog back to the car. 3.1 miles total on the day... pretty unintelligent to not even stretch, but I was exhausted from the weekend and just wanted to go home.

Total: 58 miles. Need to pick up the momentum and get some longer runs in throughout next week. Calf/achilles still in question.

3 comments:

  1. hey man, looks like the training is going well. when you racing next?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jeff! Next race is TBD, but definitely racing the 12K, so I'll be looking to do some 5Ks to to get the legs turning over fast. What about you?

      Delete
  2. I'll be in NH for the fast friends 4.5m then starting up the NY grand prix

    ReplyDelete