Friday, April 16, 2010

4/16 6x800

Originally I was hoping to get on the outdoor track and get in around 6k-7k worth of work, but with yet another rain storm in our midst I resigned myself to the indoor track.

The 160m Paul Sweet Oval is a godsend in the winter, but come Spring you really don't want to be trying to run fast in there. A lot of the guys have had IT, ankle and other issues from multiple reps on it. 10 laps to the mile? Ouch!

Anyway, I warmed up for 17 minutes, stretched, did one hard stride and headed into the workout. My legs were feeling really off in the beginning (probably from the 16 double yesterday) but I was able to work into it. I hit 2:27, 2:22, 2:23, 2:22, 2:22, 2:20 on 2:15 rest. I found it surprising how strong I felt aerobically and my legs actually felt better for the cooldown than on the warmup. Overall, a pretty easy workout. In the near(ish) future I'd like to be running k's and 1200s around this pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment